Fab Academy - 18th Jan 2012
- Young Fab Academy - Summer 2012
- From 2D to 3D Demo
- Arduino courses - 28th of April
- Happy Birthday - 20-21st April 2012
- Fab Academy - 18th Jan 2012
- Creating Interactive Devices with the Arduino - Beginner Course
- DIWO (Do It With Others)
- Fabtacular Christmas Pressie Make-Off-2010
- AND Festivals One Button Challenge 2010
- NW Business Pitch Event
- TSB offers 100k Prize towards creating your next great product
- Fab Lab Manchester's Festival of Sound - Oct 2010
- new FABFOTO stream
- FutureEverything Rapid Prototype Challenge 2010
- 'Fab Lab-ulous!!
- Launched loved by the press 23rd March 2010
- Big Bang 11-13th March 2010
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
The Fab Academy
Next Fab Academy starts Jan 18th 2012
How would you like to become a Fab Guru – a Global Expert in all of the Fab Lab Digital Design & Manufacturing processes and equipment?
If so now is your chance to sign up for the Fab Academy Diploma 2012.
The Diploma runs for 20 weeks from Jan 18th to May 30th 2012 and is delivered by Professor Neil Gershenfeld of MIT and a host of international academics in all things Fab. The programme is run across more than 10 Fab Labs around the world making this a truly global programme. Subjects include:
· Electronics design
· Computer-controlled machining
· Interface & application programming
· Machine design
· Output devices
· Invention, intellectual property, and business models
· Any many more
Global lectures are delivered via Manchester Fab lab video-conferencing at 14:00 each Wednesday and last 2 hours. There is an assignment each week, when you will make various projects and students are given exclusive use of the Fab Lab on Mondays and shared use on Fridays to complete this, mentored by Dr Eddie Kirkby, Fab Guru. The final project will be to make a multi-purpose machine (MTM machine pictured) which can act as a 3D printer, CNC milling machine or vinyl cutter.
Price per student is $5,000 (approx £3,200) inclusive of materials and mentored lab time.
To request an application form or for more info contact:
Dr Eddie Kirkby
Phone: 0161 205 0070